Sunday School is for children from preschool to 8th grade each Sunday at 9:15am (September through May). Our Youth Education program includes time for experiencing Christian education in many ways, including:
- a “rotation” model using creative drama, games, crafts and music to teach a Bible story or concept
- middle school education on a complete overview of the Bible and Luther’s Small Catechism in preparation for Confirmation
- participation by the older youth in teaching the younger age groups
- a traditional classroom model for preschoolers with a Bible story each week incorporation fun activities and stories
- an informal gathering time for children ages zero to two years and their parents to have story time, play time and fellowship.
To register, download the following information and forms, and contact Brenda Goble (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Each week our Sunday school students gather for opening where they sing songs and come together as a community. We talk about how it is important to care for our neighbors both locally and globally. Children are encouraged to bring a food offering which we take to St. Mark’s food pantry or to give a financial gift. The monies collected help the ELCA Global barnyard with a goal of supporting long-term sustainable solutions that ensure these good gifts last for more than a couple of days or weeks, they keep giving for years to come.
Parents are encouraged to volunteer to teach, help prepare materials for upcoming weeks, attend Adult Forum or engage in fellowship in the adjoining Parent Center while their child participates in Sunday School.